jeudi 28 juin 2007

He's here!

Well, after nine long months, he's finally here! James William Leppington was born June 28, 2007 and weighed 9lbs 2oz (22 in.). He's a big boy! :) Daniel called here at 3:30am this morning to tell us he and Carolyn were headed to the hospital, and only a few short hours later, James was here. I was in Burnaby writing a midterm at the time, but I scooted back to Abbotsford as soon as I could to be with everyone. Carolyn was checked out of MSA before I got there, so Becky and I spent the afternoon together at my house as her Mom and Dad did all the paperwork at the hospital. I finally got to hold the little guy later in the evening, and I tell ya, it was love at first sight. He is so content, so soft and unusually hairy for a Leppington. :) This has been a great day all around - not only did we finally meet James, but Mom quit her terrible job in favour of a better one (to start Tuesday), and Becky got an Academic Excellence Award AND the Work Ethic Award on her last day of Grade 7. I am so proud of her! Not only that, but she whipped my butt at Risk and is now Dictator for Life. Ha. God is so good to bless her with a brother - I don't know what I'd do without mine. I know it's a little overdone, but Psalm 139 evidenced itself today in such a cute little way:

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Happy Birthday, James. Your auntie Kristen loves you so much.

KNL

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Yahoo ~ we are so excited about the baby being here and that all is well! God is has been so good to us!

Mom
AKA "Grandma"